The University of Port Harcourt is a university in the Nigerian city of Port Harcourt. Uniport.edu.ng is the official website.
The university was established in 1975 as University College, Port Harcourt, and was given university status in 1977.
The university of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Latest updates
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- College of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Natural and Applied Science
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Law
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT, UNIPORT UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The minimum entry requirement into the Undergraduate Programme of the Faculty of Management Sciences shall be the General Certificate of Education, WASC, NECO & SSC (or equivalent) with credit in five subjects obtained at not more than two sittings.
These five subjects must include English Language, Elementary Mathematics and Economics. Admission into the programme shall normally be through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Examination (JAMB) and Uniport Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination Screening. There shall normally be no “direct entry” into the second year of the degree programme. The subject combination for each department is specified in the JAMB Brochure.
University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Undergraduate Form Application Procedure
Eligible/Cleared candidates to input UTME Registration Number and confirm pre-loaded UTME details.
- Print slip for payment.
- Proceed to any of the following Banks(with e-Transact platform) and make payment of N2,000.00 (Excluding Bank and Access Charges, Processing Fee and Result checking):
FIDELITY BANK PLC, UBA PLC, FIRST BANK PLC, ACCESS BANK PLC
ECOBANK PLC, FCMBAND UNIPORT- CHOBA MICROFINANCE BANK.
- Obtain an e-Tranzact receipt showing an access code from the Bank Teller confirming the payment.
- Proceed back online and Log-in with your UTME Registration Number and the Access Code on the payment slip (There’s usually a deadline for this). check UNIPORT Latest News
- Complete the Form online as requested.
- Scan and upload O’Level Examination Certificate(s)/ Examination Slip(s) for Candidates awaiting result(s).
- Click on the“submit button” and print Photo Card for the Screening Exercise clearance.
Note the date and time of Screening Schedule on the Photo Card.
CANDIDATES who fail to register within the registration period will not be ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SCREENING EXERCISE.
University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT- MATERIALS NEEDED FOR UNDERGRADUATE SCREENING EXERCISE.
Candidates are required to come with the following:
- A clear copy of the Photo Card printed online and pen.
- Copy of O’Level Examination Certificate(s) (WASCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB)/Examination Slip(s) for Candidates awaiting results.
Inconsistency in name or picture on Photo Card will not be acceptable to the University and may lead to disqualification of affected candidates. Candidates’ names on their O’Level Certificates, UTME results and other registration documents must be the same.
Mobile Phones, Ipad, Ipod, Walkman and similar gadgets or any extraneous materials will not be allowed into the Screening Venue and its environs.
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT (UNIPORT). POSTGRADUATE GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS & DURATION
DURATION OF GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
The Programme is to run on a Full-Time basis to last for a minimum of 12 calendar months and maximum of 24 calendar months and two consecutive long vacation of eight (8) weeks each for sandwich programme.
Full-Time: Minimum of 24 Calendar Months and Maximum of 36 Calendar Months
MD and MS Programmes
The Programmes will last for at least 24 Calendar Months.
Full-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 24 calendar months and a maximum of 60 calendar months.
Part-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 36 calendar months and a maximum of 84 calendar months.
Full-time candidates shall be required to spend a minimum of three (3) years and a maximum of five (5) years from the date of first registration.
Part-time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of five (5) years and a maximum of seven (7) years.
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT, UNIPORT POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
O/LEVEL: All candidates must possess a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics in addition to other O/Level requirements as specified by each Department/ Faculty.
ALL PGP PROGRAMMES: The minimum requirement for the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes is a Bachelor’s Degree in the related disciplines. Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree or Third Class in the related Discipline. For HND holders a minimum of Upper Credit is acceptable in the relevant Departments.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES: Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree of the University of Port Harcourt or any recognized University, in the relevant course with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent. Candidates for the Master’s in Education must have obtained a first Degree in another field and in addition a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDF) with at least an Upper Credit classification. Candidates for the MBA Programme must possess a strong quantitative background. Candidates with PGD must have a CGPA of 3.50 to register for Master’s Degree in the relevant field.
Ph.D PROGRAMMES: Generally, for the Ph.D Programmes, candidates should have a Master’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or 4.00 depending on the Department or its equivalent grade in the relevant discipline at the Master’s level. Admission will be based on interview performance. Ph.D involves course work and qualifying examination.
Candidates must either be graduates of Medicine (MBBS) of the University of Port Harcourt for not less than five (5) years or confirmed and experienced academic staff of the University with Medical Degree of recognized University.
In addition to the above, candidates must possess either a recognized professional qualification at the fellowship level or at least an M.Sc Degree of a recognized University, after the MBBS DegreeCandidates must report to the designated Screening Venues at the time scheduled on the Photo Card or risk disqualification.
Parents and Guardians, as well as uninvited security agents will not be allowed into the campus on the days of the Screening Exercise.
For Technical support services during registration, send an email to: [email protected]
For further enquiries, please call any of the following numbers: 08091153162, 08138740076, 08185945712, 08175125591
University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Postgraduate (PG) Form Application Registration Procedures
- Print Your Payment Slip and Proceed to the Bank with your payment slip to make payment (N15,000 for Application Form and N6,000 for Prospectus – Prospectus payment have to be paid at U & C Microfinance Bank, Choba Campus)
- Login and click the verify payment’s button on the right
- Enter your confirmation order number and click on submit
- Once your payment is verified, you can print your payment receipt
- If your payment verification doesn’t work, check back in 30mins or contact the Help Desk (Mr Iriso: 08038760893)
- Go back to “My Profile” menu, click on “Edit Profile” then complete the forms and upload your passport
- Once your form has been duly filled, you can submit the form
- After submitting the form, click on “Forms” and print out your completed forms for submission.