JUPEB admission qualifies students for 200lv admission. In this post, AmasNigeria will be providing detailed information on JUPEB programme. The information will cover what JUPEB is all about At the end this article, you will know the following
4. How to Apply
5. How long The JUPEB Programme will last or the Duration of JUPEB Programme
6. What Courses or subjects you are to Study
7. How much the JUPEB Form costs
8. How JUPEB Certificate Exams are Set and Graded and so on.
What Is JUPEB?
JUPEB means Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) is a new Advanced Level examination body recently established and coordinated by the University of Lagos. Basically, the programme is similar to the Interim Joint matriculation Board (IJMB) coordinated by University of Lagos (Unilag) and recognized by many universities in Northern Nigeria.
The list of Universities accepting JUPEB are:
1. University of Lagos (Unilag),
2. University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN),
3.Redeemers University, Ede, Osun State
4. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (OAU),
5. Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA),
6. University of Ilorin,
7. Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB),
8. University of Port Harcourt,
9. University of Benin (UNIBEN),
10. University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
11. University of Calabar (UNICAL),
12. Caleb University,
13. Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD),
14. Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo (FUNAI),
15. Bowen University, Iwo,
16. Fountain University, Oshogbo.
17. Federal Univesity of Technology, Owerri,
18. Lead City University, Ibadan,
19. Osun State University, Osogbo,
20. WellSpring University, Irhirhi, Benin City,
21. Crawford University, Igbesa and
22. Paul University, Awka
To see universities that accept JUPEB Result kindly click here
The major responsibility affiliate-Universities or study centre is to present candidates for JUPEB Examination yearly.
Meanwhile, the affiliated institutions have set up programmes to train candidates on the syllabus of the Board in subjects relevant to course intended to study. For example, Physics/Chemistry/Biology for medical courses, Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics for engineering courses, etc.
The charges for the programme vary from institution to institution. The actual charges for the programme can be obtained at the website of the institution or through an inquiry at the institution.
What is the aim of JUPEB?
The major aim of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board, JUPEB programme is to see students secure admission into 200lv in less than a year and also JUPEB gives students the privilege of gaining admission into 200 level of any course, be it Medicine, Law Engineering etc.
How long will this JUPEB Programme Last?
The duration of the Programme of courses for the Board’s Examination is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters. Which are 10 months in total.
Who is Eligible for JUPEB admissions?
- The minimum point required for direct entry admission through JUPEB into Nigerian Universities is 5 points. However, this depends on the course a candidate wish to study in the University. For example 5points cannot work for a course like medicine.
- To be eligible to take examinations leading to the award of JUPEB’s Direct Entry Certificates, the candidate must have been exposed to an intensive scheme of academic work relevant to his/her proposed university course.
• Each candidate must register, sit for Examinations and satisfy the Board of three subjects and a General Studies course relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities.
• Each subject is to be broken into four courses to be taken, two per semester, by the candidate. The results in all the courses are to be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain the candidate’s grade in that particular subject.
• Each candidate is expected to take twelve (12) courses, six per semester, and a General Studies course.
• The general Studies for courses in each University Faculty will be based on relevant General courses suggested for that Faculty by each university.
• The students upon completion of the programme will be issued certificates based on their level of performance which bear Letter Grades of A, B, C, D,E or F in each of the three subjects and General Studies Paper. For admission into each university, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examinations for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all other conditions as prescribed by his/her university of choice.
JUPEB Available Courses In JUPEB
The programme is an intensive coaching curriculum aims at ensuring adequate exposure to fundamentals of concepts and preparation of eligible students for University direct entry admission and a good head start for University work.
The courses of study which are those of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) subjects include:
1. English Language which is compulsory for all students,
3. Literature in English,
4. Christian Religious Studies,
11. Islamic Studies,
13. Visual Arts,
16. Business Studies,
20. Agricultural Science etc.
Note: JUPEB Certificate can be used for admission purpose in Major Nigerian Universities and a number of foreign universities.
Admission is based strictly on merit and entry requirements and in proportion to the admission quota of the University for the various Faculties. The registration form for JUPEB is obtained towards the end of the training programme by the affiliated institutions for their candidates at a reasonable fee.
How much does JUPEB Form cost?
JUPEB application form is between N10,000 and N15,000 depending on the study centre you intend to register with. For AmasNigeria guide on JUPEB registration procedure, kindly contact us by clicking here.
JUPEB school fees
Just like the application form, JUPEB fees differs across Jupeb Affiliated Universities/study centres but the range is N240,000 to #450,000
A mock exam that forms 30% of the total score in each subject is conducted by the institution and forwarded to the board. The Board’s exams take the remaining 70%.
The results issued by the JUPEB are graded like Cambridge A/Level results: A (5 points), B (4 points),C (3 points), D (2 points), E (1 point), F (0 point).
Three subjects are offered by each candidate. The combination of the grades forms the total point that is used as a cut-off for the course applied for in a particular institution.
For example, OAU can say 13 points is the cut-off for Medicine and Surgery. That means they can only admit candidates with either AAA (15 pts), AAB (14 pts), AAC (13 pts) or ABB (13 pts).
Does Jupeb Examination Results expire after every year?
Like Cambridge A/Level, the results of JUPEB do not expire. You can always use it to apply into same or another institution the following year. Candidates with JUPEB results can apply to JAMB for Direct Entry admission into 200 Level instead of the 100 Level for UTME.
We advised that you use your personal and active email address to send your data to us, as further information and instructions would be communicated through the email address used during the registration.
Click here for information on how to know JUPEB Registration is closed
Also check for JUPEB latest news