Ahmadu Bello University, ABU postgraduate courses for 2017/2018 academic Session is now available on your No1 blog Amas Nigeria.
Do you want to apply for any of the ABU postgraduate courses below or you want to apply for a particular course and you are not sure if it is available for postgraduate students?
In this post post, we intend to kill two birds with one stone. How possible is that?
We at Amas Nigeria know exactly what you are looking for. We will therefore show you the total list of ABU postgraduate courses and also the general requirements for the courses.
ABU Postgraduate Courses Overview
1. Accounting and Finance (Doctorate, M.Phil., Masters) It`s a programme provided by the Administration Faculty. The duration of the programme is three years. Upon graduation, you will get a Ph.D. in Accounting and Finance. If you choose the M.Phil programme, you will need to study for just one year. If you want to get just the Master Degree, you will need to study two years.
2. Business Administration (Ph.D., M.Phil., M.Sc., Masters) These programmes are also provided by the Administration Faculty. The duration of your study is dependent on which programme you choose: – Doctorate Programme to achieve Ph.D. Business Administration – three years; – Doctorate Programme to achieve M.Phil. Business Administration – one year; – Masters Programme to achieve Masters and M.Sc. Business Administration – two years.
3. Local Government and Development Studies (Ph.D., M.Phil., Masters) These programmes are the best in the Administration Faculty. Take a look at the duration of the programmes: – Doctorate Programme to achieve Ph.D. Local Government and Development Studies – three years; – Doctorate Programme to achieve M.Phil. Local Government and Development Studies – one year; – Masters Programme to achieve Masters in Local Government and Development Studies – two years.
4. Public Administration (Ph.D., M.Sc., Masters) If you want to work in the public administration industry, then you may choose one of these programmes: – Doctorate Programme to achieve Ph.D. Public Administration – three years; – Doctorate Programme to achieve M.Phil. Public Administration – one year; – Masters Programme to achieve Masters in Public Administration – two years.
5. Policy and Development Studies(M.Sc.) Nigeria is a democratic country. It means that people who know about policy studies will always be needed. You can be one of these people and get the Ahmadu Bello University Diploma. The duration of the Policy and Development Studies Programme in the institution is two years.
6. Agriculture Economics and Rural Sociology (Ph.D./M.Sc. Agric.Extension and Rural Sociology) If you want to help your country with agriculture, you may choose one of these two programmes: – Doctorate Programme to achieve Ph.D. Agric. Extension and Rural Sociology – three years; – Masters Programme to achieve M. Sc. Agric. Extension and Rural Sociology – two years.
7. Agriculture Economics (Ph.D., M.Sc.) The Agriculture Economics and the Agriculture Economics and Rural Sociology are two completely different programmes. The first programme provides a deep research of the economy area of agriculture. At the same time, the second programme mostly gives the opportunity to study rural sociology. Look at the duration of the Agriculture Economics postgraduate programmes: – Doctorate Programme to achieve Ph.D. Agriculture Economics – three years; – Masters Programme to achieve M. Sc. Agriculture Economics – two years.
8. Crop Protection (M.Phil.) Agriculture in Nigeria is the second biggest source of economy. People who can provide better conditions for crop growth are in the best position in the jobs’ market. Take a look at the duration of the Crop Protection Programme: – Masters Programme to achieve M.Phil. Crop Protection – one year.
9. Farm Management (PGD) Upon the graduation from this programme, you will receive only the Postgraduate Diploma. Still, farm managers play a significant role in agriculture. You will have better options in the jobs’ market if you choose this programme.
ABU Postgraduate Courses
REQUIREMENTS FOR ABU POSTGRADUATE COURSES ADMISSION 2017/2018
Below are Requirements for ABU postgraduate courses . Kindly put the following requirements in mind before applying.
A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the Ahmadu Bello University must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) A credit pass in Maths and English is required.
Four credits of Ordinary level plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes.
A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into any of the available ABU postgraduate courses . In addition, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
Additional Entry Requirements for ABU Postgraduate Courses (Foreign Candidates Only)
All foreign candidates must satisfy the following requirements, aside the normal entry requirements for every programme, before they can proceed with their studies in the University if offered admission:
Possession of the following documents:
2.International Passport or ECOWAS Travel Certificate
3.Valid VISA – STR (Subject to Regularization)
Failure to secure such documents will lead to suspension of all academic activities
Entrance Examinations for Some ABU Postgraduate Courses
All candidates applying for:
1.Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
2.Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy (MIAD)
3.Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
4.MPA/PGDPA, M.Ed/Ph.D. (Admin and Planning)
are to note that they SHALL BE REQUIRED to write Entrance Examinations for their respective programmes. The dates, venues and times of the examinations shall be communicated in due course.
Any question on ABU Postgraduate Courses can be asked via the comment section of this post…